Kimchi adds a kick of flavor and spiciness to this recipe for fried rice.
- 3 cup, cooked white rice. I use a rice cooker to prepare the rice.
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ham, diced
- 1/2 cup of green onion, diced
- 2/3 or 1 cup of Kimchi, cut into small pieces
- 4 Tbsp. of cooking oil
- ½ tsp. of salt
- 3 Tbsp. of ketchup
- Pinch of seaweed
- Add cooking oil to the frying pan and heat over medium high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and stir fry until the eggs are firm and separate. Then add green onion and stir fry for another 30 seconds. Add ham, rice, ketchup and salt, and stir fry until the fried rice is evenly coated with ketchup.
- Add kimchi into the fried rice and stir fry for another minute.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with a sprinkle of seaweed powder if desired.
Where can I purchase kimchi?
You can purchase Kimchi at any Korean supermarket. Kimchi is available in a variety of flavors and levels of spiciness.