Stewed eggs are hardboiled eggs with a salty-sweet, complex taste that comes from being repeatedly stewed in a mixture of spices.
- 24 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp sesame oil to taste
- Put the eggs into a large cooking pot and add enough water to the pot to cover all of the eggs.
- Add soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil to water and stir.
- Cook the eggs over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let the eggs steep in the soy sauce-sugar mixture for one to two hours.
- Return the eggs to medium-low heat and repeat steps 3-4 until the eggs turn golden brown.