Photo by Kirti Poddar
This recipe is a great summer dessert that can be prepared quickly and inexpensively. Bonus: since it requires no eggs, this recipe is friendly for those with egg allergies. Makes two cheesecakes.
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 2 nine inch graham cracker pie crusts
- 3/4 cup sugar (or more sugar if using fresh mango instead of mango juice)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 eight ounce package of softened cream cheese
- 1 mango or 1-2 cups of kern’s mango juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Puree mango in a blender.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Mix gelatin and sugar together, and add boiling water to the dry mixture until the gelatin completely dissolves. If the gelatin doesn’t completely dissolve, microwave the mixture.
- Pour the gelatin-sugar mixture into the blender.
- Blend the mixture until it is smooth and pour it into the crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.