Photo by Darwin Bell
This is a quick twist on the classic American creamed corn recipe. It makes a great side dish for the Thanksgiving table.
- 2 bags (1 lb) of frozen corn
- 1 cup of milk or water
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/4 cup margerine, melted (1/2 stick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (1 tube) of Ritz crackers, crumbled
- Salt, to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- Put half the corn in a blender, along with either milk or water, and blend until creamy.
- Add eggs, margerine and heavy cream, then blend.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe container and mix in the Ritz cracker crumbs, along with the rest of the corn.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake covered at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.